Sunday, 29 April 2012

Exciting times!

So the exhibition is next week!

We go down to London Wednesday morning to put my work up in the gallery then attend the private view/press night in the evening (Guardian journalists and all sorts have been invited!), hopefully it'll get my work noticed by the right people.

Yesterday we went up to Chesterfield to pick up the big ornate swept frames I invested in for the A3 pieces, they're in them now and it does make a difference, they look really nice :)


But my favourite part of the day came after we picked up the frames...

Those that know me know I'm partial t'watching a bit of snooker, partic if Ronnie O'Sullivan's playing, and a few days ago on Twitter I showed Steve Davis a drawing I'd done of Ronnie back in 2008 in a college sketchbook, and he said 'Very nice!' and retweeted it. My boyfriend and I had mentioned maybe going up to Sheffield during the weekend where they film in the Winter Gardens, as we were going to Chesterfield anyway and that's half way there, and I started getting a little optimistic thought of somehow giving Steve the drawing to pass on to Ronnie. I thought he'd probably not even take any notice but I sent him a tweet saying we were thinking of going to Sheffield at the weekend and asked if there was any possibility of him passing the drawing on if I asked a member of staff to give it to him. And he said he would :D After that I decided I wanted to another one/better one, so I attempted another drawing of him on Friday night, which turn out amazing but I chucked that in an envelope with the old one too. Then did a mini one of Steve and attached it to the front as a little thank you :)
So on Saturday I went over to where they were filming and asked the security chap at the side of the barrier where all the public were standing if he'd pass it to Steve for me, and he said he couldn't do it directly, so he took it off me and went over to another security person, she then walked past Steve and gave it to a guy who seemed like the floor manager or something and said something to him, this guy *then* went over and gave it to Steve Davis who was sitting in his chair next to John Parrott. He looked at it for a minute then said something to the guy, then the guy pointed at the woman who gave it to him, the woman pointed at the security guy I originally gave it to, then he looked at me, so I waved. And he smiled and got up and came and said hello and shook my hand :) He was really nice! Said he thought the little drawing of him was good, and that he'd pass the envelope on to Ronnie and try get some feedback for me. Would be awesome if he does and I hear from Steve again, but if not, at least I've managed to get them to him! And when he went back to his seat he mouthed over 'can I open it?' and I said yeah and he took the drawings out and showed John and Hazel (Irvine, the presenter) hehe.

Sorry if that was completely uninteresting but I was chuffed so I wanted to make note of it all heehee!

I can spot myself on this hehe


Today I did a drawing of Louis Theroux. Took about 3 and a half hours I think, all drawn out in biro, with some white pencil highlights and some extra shading in pencil at the end.


Pretty pleased with how it's turned out :)


2 comments:

  1. Stumbled upon your blog while I was looking for A3 swept frames. Haha! I Love your work! And I also love snooker! Ronnie was just unbeatable! So cool that you got your portrait to him (eventually!)

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's cool :)

      Ronnie's fab! I saw him play for the first time on Saturday at a 'Snooker Legends' event :) Would love to see him at a proper tournament but it's annoying that you have to pay for the (v.expensive) tickets before you know who you'll be seeing, or if you wait till the names are released, you only have seats right at the back, it's mad.

      Delete